Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987 in Houston, Texas) is an American actress and singer-songwriter. After working in local theater plays and television commercials in her childhood.
Duff gained fame for playing Lizzie McGuire in the television series Lizzie McGuire Television series. Duff went on to have a film career; her most commercially successful movies include Cheaper by the Dozen (2003), The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003), and A Cinderella Story (2004).
Hilary dated Aaron Carter on and off from 2000 to 2003, during which he left her for Lindsay Lohan and then made the switch back to Hilary. Later, it was reported he cheated on her with her best friend and she ended their relationship after two years.
Later, Hilary dated Good Charlotte's Joel Madden from 2004 to 2006.
In 2006, Duff was stalked by a 19-year-old Russian immigrant identified as Max and his roommate David Joseph Klein, aged 50. She filed for restraining orders against the two men, claiming that Max "threatened to kill himself" to get her attention. She also alleged that he threatened to "remove enemies" who stand in his way, including Duff's then-boyfriend Joel Madden. Max, later identified as Maksim Myaskovskiy, was sentenced to 117 days in prison.
In 2007, she started dating NHL hockey player, Mike Comrie and married him on February 19, 2010 in Santa Barbara, California. In August of 2011, Hilary announced that she and her husband are expecting their first child together. Duff gave birth to their first child, a son named Luca Cruz Comrie, on March 20, 2012
- Launched her own clothing line, "Stuff by Hilary Duff" in 2004; the line discontinued in 2008.
- Released her own perfume, "With Love....Hilary Duff" in September 2006.
- Has written two novels, "Elixir" in 2010 and "Devoted" in 2011.
- Is an animal rights enthusiast
- A member of Kids with a Cause
- Named Youth Ambassador to the children of Bogota
- According to the Chinese Calender, Hilary was born in the "Year of the Rabbit."
- Was listed Teen People's "25 Hottest Stars Under 25" in 2004.
- In 2005, Hilary donated sales from her "Most Wanted" Tour to the Tsunami victims in South Asia.
- Her father, Bob owns a chain of convenience stores.